128GBappleApple InnovationApple Keynote 2014Apple PayApple PaymentsApple WalletApple WatchCupertinoDigital CrownElectronic WalletFluoroelastomeriPhoneiPhone 6iPhone 6 PlusiPhone SixJony IveMagnetic BraceletMarc NewsonNFCPhabletsmartphoneSmartwatchWatch Design
My last iPhone review happens to coincide with my current iPhone - the 4S.
I wrote [then] under ’Misses’:
- No 4" Screen
- No 4G
- No NFC
- No real chassis improvements - same but different antenna, same fragile glass sandwich
I also wrote back in 2010, a prescient article called ’Mobile Commerce - The New Currency’ all about the kind of Apple Pay functionality (NFC) which was announced in yesterday’s Keynote address.(Albeit now with the even more clever ...
4GAndroidappleGalaxy NexusGoogleIce Cream SandwichiOSiPhoneiPhone 4SNFCphoneSamsung Galaxy Nexussmartphone
As with the iPhone 5! launch (actually iPhone 4S as it turned out) there was lot of hype around the launch of the new official Google Phone. There were rumours of a super processor of 1.7Ghz, a 10MP camera on the reverse and an ingenious new form factor.
Both phones benefitted from major version releases of operating systems - Android updating to 4 (Ice Cream Sandwich), whilst iPhone 4S jumped up to iOS 5.
For me, I am actually a little disappointed with both launches. Neither one is really the ...
AndroidBump PaymentCitibankDataElectronic WalletFirstGoogleGoogle OffersGoogle WalletMastercardmcommerceMobile CommerceNear Field CommunicationNFCNFC PaymentPay PassSprintSwipe Payment
The world of ’finance’ has up until now seen 6 essential step changes in how people have consumed / exchanged goods and essentials:
- Simple Barter - 6-8 sheep exhanged for 1 cow etc.
- Account - Ledger system where Incoming / Outgoing values are recorded in written form
- Precious Metal Coins - Money where coins carry their own value
- Paper Money - Proxy payments / promissory notes usually based on state bank / national / international currency
- Credit Card - Electronic transfer of