PPA New Talent 15 Winners
Our dynamic duo Markus and JC attended the PPA New Talent Awards last night and were quite overcome by the large number of friendly faces they encountered. All are of the opinion that this was a superb event, so well done to PPA for organising and Lisa Smosarski for hosting. The top picture features ’New Business Journalist of the Year’ Peter Apps (Inside Housing, Ocean Media Group) flanked by our CEO Markus Karlsson and host Lisa - hearty congratulations obviously.
Here is the full list of Winners:
- Best Media Owner for New Talent = Haymarket
- New Editor of the Year = Phoebe Smith, Wanderlust Magazine, Wanderlust Travel Media
- New Team Leader of the Year = Sean Igoe, Advertising Director, Cycling Portfolio, Dennis Publishing
- New Section Editor of the Year = Corinne Redfern, Features and Entertainment Editor, Look, Time Inc. UK
- New Consumer Journalist of the Year = Andrew Murray, FourFourTwo, Haymarket Media Group
- New Business Journalist of the Year = Peter Apps, Business Reporter, Inside Housing, Ocean Media Group
- New Consumer Specialist / Customer Journalist of the Year = Daniella Willis, Deputy Editor, Preschool Magazines, Immediate Media Co.
- New Art Editor / Director of the Year = Anna Jay, Creative Editor, The Debrief, Bauer Media
- New Designer of the Year = Harry Winfield, Junior Designer, Women’s Health, Hearst-Rodale
- New Content Strategist of the Year = Leisa Millar, Content Editor, Elle UK, Hearst Magazines UK
- New Events Professional fo the Year = Francesca Wilson, Marketing & Events Executive, Immediate Media Co.
- New Rising Sales Star = Tessa Webb, Senior Sales Executive, Horse & Hound, Time Inc. UK
- New Sales Team of the Year = British Journal of Photography, Aptitude Media
- Gamechanger of the Year = Natasha Pearlman, Deputy Editor, Elle UK, Hearst Magazines UK
- Best Graduate / Intern of the Year = Viet Train, Junior Designer, InStyle / Marie Claire / Look / Wallpaper, Time Inc. UK
- Most Promising Student Journalist of the Year (Postgrad) = Hanna Rose Ewens, City University London
- Most Promising Student Journalist of the Year (Undergrad) = Jack Kenyon, Falmouth University
Markus Karlsson CEO on the podium announcing New Business Journalist of the Year nominees and winner
As posted previously, Affino is very proud to support new talent, it is the lifeblood of most creative industries, and a key proponent to innovation and driving change - both of which are essential in this digital age. We are all about building up more successful digital businesses, so it seems highly appt that we would be handing out the award for New Business Journalist of the Year. Congratulations once more to all the worthy winners and commiserations to the runners-up.